What is veganism?
Vegans avoid the exploitation and use of non-human animals, including for food, clothing, laboratory research, product testing, and entertainment.
Why go vegan?
When you refuse to participate in the cruel and unethical use of animals, you are also choosing a more sustainable, environmentally friendly lifestyle. It’s healthier too.
How do I get started?
- Research vegan living using reliable sources, including experienced vegans.
- Seek out vegan versions of your favourite foods.
- Swap recipes and clothing ideas.
- Find out which local business offer vegan options.
- Try to surround yourself with like-minded people who will encourage you.
- Visit vegansociety.com for more information.
- Raise money for a local animal sanctuary, rescue or protection group.
- Help out on a vegan information stall.
- Deliver leaflets to promote vegan events.
- Ask us about other ways you can be involved.